Speech and Language Camps are now in Sarnia!
We are now accepting registrations for Speech and Language Camps to be held at our Sarnia clinic, 1202 Lambton Mall Road.
- August 6-9, full day camp
- Full day: 9 am – 4 pm
What do children get?
- Daily immersive therapeutic support delivered by a Speech-Language Pathologist and Communicative Disorders Assistant.
- Functional activities targeting specific speech, language, and/or social communication goals as determined jointly by the parent and Speech-Language Pathologist.
- Daily one-one therapy session for each camper by a Speech-Language Pathologist.
- Child must be at least 4 years old and toilet-trained.
- A speech and/or language impairment or delay that has been identified by a Speech-Language Pathologist within 2 months from camp start day. Children who have not received a recent evaluation by a Speech-Language Pathologist must have one scheduled with one of our Speech-Language Pathologists before the start of camp.
- If a child has a specific diagnosis, such as Autism Spectrum Disorder or Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, where behavioural challenges may present themselves in a group learning environment, the child must be accompanied by a caregiver or support person responsible for implementing behaviour management strategies. Other professionals or para-professionals, such as ABA instructor-therapists, are welcome to support their clients at our camps, regardless of affiliation (public or private service). This criterion is in place for the safety of all.
- $500/week. Includes a daily healthy snack prepared as part of a therapy activity with the children. Camp fees will be billed as “therapy” on receipts.
- Afternoon activities included in fees: A movie and a snack at Galaxy Cinemas, nature walks, Bricks4Kids, and one more!
- As per our usual fee schedule, initial assessment by a Speech-Language Pathologist is $130/hour. This is required if the child has not been evaluated by a Speech-Language Pathologist within 2 months of camp start.
- Fees are refundable only if we have to cancel camp for any reason. We will make every effort to notify parents of any cancellations no later than one week from the first day of camp. Otherwise, fees are non-refundable.
- A deposit of $100 is required to secure a spot. Deposit will be refunded if camp does not commence due to low registration.